Monday, January 3, 2011

January 4, 2010 Tuesday

What a crappy day!   Nuisance snowfall for the PM rush, just enough to make the traffic (and me) snarly; roads slick & mushy.  I missed the call from our HO that was to formally offer the new job and even though I called back right away, she did not get back to me, even though I left her my cell # so she could call me after my hours (they're in different time zone)    GK not coming home today as he has a sore throat & fever. Says tomorrow but I doubt it. Electrician came to fix the broken outlet, which cost $250 (charges $225 an hour !!! I am in wrong profession, no doubt) and had to replace GFI, which apparently burned out because of water (unusual winter rain) getting into the Xmas lights timer outlet box.  Then, while he was in the crawl space, he saw the sump pump housing (?) clamp(?) was loose and when he tried to adjust it, it spewed water all over the crawl space, resulting in lots of towels being needed and extra laundry.  And the hose to the sump is full of ice.  So need to call a plumber about that. Electrician says he doesn't think there is much to be done - so what do I do?  Call a plumber and pay some ridiculous amount of money to be told there's nothing to be done - or just wait for spring thaw?  Sometimes I hate owning a house-  I do love my house and love the lot and the lake, but it seems like every time GK goes away, something breaks and I get stuck dealing with it.  Plus I have to get dog-dog into the vet now for a bordatella shot so he can go to the dog daycare orientation and see if he will be friendly enough that I can board him there.  Work was totally crappy as well, with her imperious highness fussing about cases being paid - turns out she had incorrect info via 2 employeees about how much they were for - and then the new person she had that was to start today turned down the job and the person in TX got a new job so all of a sudden, I need to hire 2 right away.  Arrgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment